Just How Windy Was It Thursday? | Weather
Thursday's fierce winds kicked up dust and clouded the skies throughout the Las Vegas valley. The winds were so strong, in fact, that they toppled this gas/fast food sign at one local intersection.
The sign was located at the intersection of Warm Springs and Las Vegas Boulevard. It impacted a silver minivan, seen in the background, knocking out a side window. Gusts picked up to close to 60 miles per hour Thursday.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reviewer: We Should Say a Few Words About the Closing of HOPS & HARVEST
- Ogden's Hops & Harvest Closes After Just Seven Months
- Local Doctor Charged With Illegally Prescribing Oxycodone
- Painter Hurt in Flash Fire Blamed on Paint Fumes
- New Gym at Faith Lutheran will Eliminate Teams Practicing on Tennis Courts or Before School